Current Weather Scenario in Toronto
Today, Toronto is experiencing mainly cloudy skies with a 60% chance of light snow. The temperature is steady near minus 8°C, with a wind chill near minus 17°C, and a low UV index of 1.
The night will be partly cloudy with a northwest wind of 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Expect a low of minus 14°C and a wind chill near minus 20°C.
On Saturday, January 20, Toronto will see mainly cloudy skies with a 30% chance of flurries in the afternoon. Temperatures will reach a high of minus 8°C with wind chills of minus 20°C in the morning and minus 15°C in the afternoon. The night will be clear with a low of minus 12°C.
- Sunday, January 21: Sunny with a high of minus 2°C and a clear night with a low of minus 5°C.
- Monday, January 22: Cloudy with a high of plus 1°C and a cloudy night with a low of minus 4°C.
- Tuesday, January 23: Periods of snow with a high of plus 1°C and periods of snow or rain at night with a low of zero.
- Wednesday, January 24: Cloudy with a 60% chance of rain showers or flurries and a high of plus 5°C. The night will remain cloudy with a 60% chance of showers and a low of plus 4°C.
- Thursday, January 25: Expect periods of rain with a high of plus 5°C.
Normals and Records
- Normal High and Low: Max -2°C, Min -10°C.
- Sunrise and Sunset Times: Sunrise at 7:46 EST, Sunset at 17:11 EST.
Given the fluctuating temperatures and chances of snow, it is recommended to wear layered clothing, including a waterproof jacket or coat, and insulated footwear. On sunnier days, a lighter jacket may suffice, but always be prepared for sudden changes in weather.
Toronto’s historical weather data reveals some interesting extremes. For instance, on January 19, 1952, Toronto experienced its greatest precipitation for this date, at 19.8 mm.