Current and Upcoming Weather Conditions
Armstrong, Ontario, is currently facing chilly conditions with today’s temperature hitting a high of minus 18°C. The region is experiencing a mix of sun and cloud, with a 40% chance of flurries this afternoon. The wind chill is particularly severe, reaching minus 40°C in the morning and minus 25°C in the afternoon, posing a risk of frostbite within minutes. The UV index remains low at 1.
Tonight, the temperature will further drop to a low of minus 27°C. The skies will be partly cloudy, clearing after midnight. The wind chill will be harsh, going down to minus 30°C in the evening and plummeting to minus 38°C overnight. Residents are warned of the risk of frostbite due to these extreme conditions.
Weather Outlook for the Next Days
- Saturday, January 20: A sunny day with a high of minus 14°C and a wind chill as low as minus 38°C in the morning. The night will see increasing cloudiness with a low of minus 24°C.
- Sunday, January 21: Cloudy with a 60% chance of flurries and a high of minus 11°C, followed by a similar cloudy night with a low of minus 12°C.
- Monday, January 22: Continuation of cloudy conditions with a 60% chance of flurries, high of minus 10°C, and a nighttime low of minus 20°C.
- Tuesday, January 23: A mix of sun and cloud with a high of minus 9°C and cloudy periods at night with a low of minus 10°C.
- Wednesday, January 24: Again, a mix of sun and cloud with a high of minus 3°C and cloudy periods at night with a low of minus 9°C.
- Thursday, January 25: Similar weather pattern with a mix of sun and cloud, high of minus 5°C.
Normals and Records
- Normal High and Low: Max -13°C, Min -25°C.
- Sunrise and Sunset Times: Sunrise at 8:50 EST, Sunset at 17:29 EST.
Given the extreme cold, especially in the mornings, it is crucial for residents to dress in heavy layers, including thermal innerwear, a thick insulated coat, warm hats, gloves, and insulated boots. Face coverings are recommended to protect against frostbite.
Armstrong has experienced some extreme weather historically. For instance, the lowest temperature recorded was a frigid -46.3°C in 1994, highlighting the area’s potential for severe cold weather.