Sioux Lookout experiences a brisk start with sun and cloud mix, leading to evening snow and a slight warming trend into Wednesday, highlighted by a mix of rain and snow around midday.
- Conditions: Partial sunshine amidst variable cloudiness.
- Wind: Southeast winds developing, with gusts reaching 40 km/h.
- High Temperature: Chilly at -2°C.
- Wind Chill: Significantly colder in the morning at -17°C, easing slightly in the afternoon.
- UV Index: Low at level 1.
- Warm Layers: Morning wind chills necessitate thermal wear.
- Protective Outerwear: A wind-resistant jacket will help against gusty winds.
- Sky: Transitioning to cloudy conditions by evening.
- Snowfall: Starting around midnight, expected to lay down 2 cm.
- Temperature: Dropping to -4°C.
- Wind: Steady southeastern gusts persisting.
- Wind Chill: Feeling like -12°C, suggesting the need for warm night attire.
Looking Ahead – Wednesday, 8 Nov:
- Conditions: Snow transitions to a mix of rain or snow with drizzle.
- Snow Accumulation: An additional 2 cm before the changeover.
- Wind: Continuing from the south with notable gusts.
- High Temperature: A slight warm-up to +2°C.
- Wind Chill: Still chilly in the morning, with a slight improvement.
Sioux Lookout’s residents should be ready for a day of varied skies with increasing cloudiness and night-time snowfall. The morning’s cold snap calls for substantial clothing layers, while the evening’s expected snow prompts caution for late travellers. A modest warm-up is on the horizon, with precipitation potentially turning to rain or drizzle as temperatures rise midday Wednesday.