THUNDER BAY – The Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) is seeking two (2) volunteer members to join its Aboriginal Reference Group (ARG): one (1) Aboriginal youth member (between 18 and 29 years of age), and one (1) Aboriginal health-care professional.
The Aboriginal Reference Group is an integral part of the Northern Ontario School of Medicine. It is a multi-disciplinary committee that advises the Dean on all pertinent initiatives relating to Aboriginal health, research, education, and administration. The ARG provides an important mechanism through which members of Aboriginal communities in the North are able to have substantive input into the School’s operations and priorities.
As a volunteer with the ARG, the incumbent would serve for a three-year term and would:
– Provide insight, direction, and guidance to the Dean.
– Contribute to NOSM’s unique mandate to be socially accountable to the people and communities that the School serves.
– Ensure that the interests of Aboriginal peoples continue to be accurately reflected in the direction of the School.
– Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the ARG strategic plan.
– Attend ARG meetings on a quarterly basis.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) written references for consideration. All applicants must explain why they feel they would be best suited for this position.
Applications, enquiries, and expressions of interest should be forwarded to:
Chair, Aboriginal Reference Group
c/o Aboriginal Affairs
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON
The application deadline is Friday, February 28, 2014.