THUNDER BAY – NEWS – Thunder Bay Police Service officers responded to a call for service regarding a disturbance at a home in the 700 block of Moore Avenue shortly after 1 am EDT on Friday, March 15, 2019.
Further investigation by police into the incident has led to the arrest of an individual who was found to be in possession of a quantity of narcotics. Police later obtained a search warrant for a vehicle that was connected to this investigation.
Police found a quantity of drugs believed to be Crystal Methamphetamine, and a loaded semi-automatic handgun as a result of that search. The estimated street value of the seized drugs is more than $13,000.
Abednego Ricardo WYNN, 29, of Sarnia, Ont., is charged with:
• Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Cocaine
• Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Crystal Meth
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
• Unauthorized Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
• Prohibited or Restricted Firearm With Ammunition
• Careless Storage: Firearm, weapon, Restricted Weapon
The accused appeared in court Friday, March 15 and was remanded into custody with a future appearance date.
None of the charges have been proven in court.