THUNDER BAY – NEWS – Thunder Bay has earned accolades in 10 categories in the 2015 Best of the Lake Awards from Lake Superior Magazine, announced internationally this week. The City is pleased to announce readers selected Thunder Bay as Best Weekend Destination in Ontario. Awards for Best in Ontario were also earned for:
- Best Scenic Overlook – Sleeping Giant Provincial Park & Terry Fox Monument
- Best Restaurant – the Hoito Restaurant
- Best Campground – Chippewa Park
- Best Pizza – Both Hands Pizzeria & Bakery & Papa Piccolinos
- Best Hotel/Motel – Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel & Suites & the Valhalla Inn
- Best Park – Sleeping Giant Provincial Park
- Best Farmers Market – Thunder Bay Country Market
- Best Burger – bight Restaurant
- Best Gift Shop – Fireweed
“We are thrilled to have our public and private sector amenities recognized by readers across Canada and the US, on this level,” said Mayor Keith Hobbs. “We hope that Lake Superior Magazines readers will come for a visit and check out our award-winning City for themselves.”
The magazine is delivered to subscribers and newsstands around the Lake and North America – to all 50 U.S. States, most Canadian provinces – and to 20 foreign countries.
Lake Superior Magazine, based in Duluth, MN, was started in 1979 and issues the Best of the Lake Awards each year, in various categories. Winners are selected by readers. The publication received votes from Montreal to New Orleans and across the United States and Canada through a multi-channel voting process.
“You certainly earned your awards with votes of confidence from our readers that told us you are their favorite,” said Konnie LeMay, Editor – Lake Superior Magazine. “My highest congratulations – you indeed are among The Best of the Lake.”
For more information, go to www.lakesuperiormagazine.com