DULUTH- Weather – The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow… which is in effect from 5 PM Thursday to 7 PM CDT Friday.
* Location… northeast Minnesota from Silver Bay to Duluth… Moose Lake… Hinckley… and Mille Lacs Lake.
* Timing… the snow will begin Thursday afternoon… becoming heavy Thursday night. At this time… the heaviest snowfall and main period of accumulation is expected between midnight Thursday night… and noon Friday.
* Snow accumulations… widespread 6 to 8 inch amounts with areas in excess of 10 inches.
* Visibility… less than a quarter mile at times.
* Winds… gusty northeast winds Thursday night… becoming north with gusts to 30 mph Friday. Expect drifting snow in open areas.
* Impacts… expect Road conditions to rapidly deteriorate as the snow begins late Thursday afternoon into Thursday evening. The combination of heavy snow and gusty winds will make the Friday morning commute hazardous.
This Winter Storm Warning means heavy snow accumulation is anticipated. Expect snow covered roads and low visibility. If you must travel… exercise extreme caution and allow extra time to reach your destination. Keep a winter survival kit in your