Thunder Bay: Dynamic Weather: Sun, Clouds, and Possible Showers

9046
Marina Park on May 30 2024
Marina Park on May 30 2024

THUNDER BAY – The day starts with a cool 15°C and partly cloudy skies in Thunder Bay, as observed at the Thunder Bay Airport at 8:00 AM EDT. The current temperature sits at 15.1°C with a dew point of 14.6°C, contributing to a high humidity level of 97%. Winds are light, coming from the northeast at 3 km/h, and the barometric pressure is 101.3 kPa and rising.

Current Conditions

With visibility extending to 32 km, the partly cloudy morning offers a calm start to the day. As the temperature remains mild, the humidex makes it feel like 25°C. The UV index is expected to reach 7, categorized as high, so precautions against sun exposure are recommended.

Today’s Forecast

The weather will fluctuate between sun and clouds today, with a 60 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. There is also a risk of a thunderstorm, adding to the dynamic weather conditions. Morning fog patches will dissipate, leading to a high of 21°C with a humidex of 25°C.

Tonight, expect mainly cloudy skies with continued chances of showers (60 percent) and potential thunderstorms in the evening. Fog patches are likely to develop overnight as temperatures drop to a low of 13°C.

Looking Ahead

Monday, 8 July: The new week begins with mainly cloudy skies and a 60 percent chance of showers, along with a risk of thunderstorms. Morning fog patches will clear up, giving way to a high of 23°C and a humidex of 28°C. The UV index will be moderate at 5. In the evening, expect cloudy periods with a 40 percent chance of showers and a low of 13°C.

Tuesday, 9 July: The weather will be a mix of sun and clouds, reaching a high of 25°C. As night falls, expect cloudy periods with a 30 percent chance of showers and a low of 13°C.

Historical Weather

On this date in history, Thunder Bay experienced a record high temperature of 33.3°C and a record low of 6.5°C, highlighting the variable summer weather of the region.

Wardrobe Suggestions

Today’s variable weather calls for layered clothing to stay comfortable through the changing conditions. A light rain jacket and an umbrella will be useful for the potential showers and thunderstorms. Sunglasses and sunscreen are also recommended due to the high UV index.

Weather Trivia

Thunder Bay is known as the “Lakehead” because of its location at the head of the Great Lakes. This positioning gives the city a unique weather pattern influenced by Lake Superior, leading to its diverse and often unpredictable weather.

Previous articleWeather Forecast for Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug, Bearskin Lake, Sachigo Lake, Kasabonika, and Sandy Lake
Next articleDryden Resident Charged Following Traffic Stop in Dawson Road Township