November 10, 2023 – Wasaho Cree Nation: Cold Morning Flurries Shifting to Clearer Skies

230
White Bear Paw Print in snow - Image Lydia Matthews
White Bear Paw Print in snow - Image Lydia Matthews

Early Morning Update: Cloudy with Flurries

Wasaho Cree Nation – WEATHER – As of 5:15 am CST, Wasaho Cree Nation is experiencing mainly cloudy skies with temperatures at minus 3°C. A 70 percent chance of snow flurries is predicted to decrease to 30 percent later in the morning, with skies expected to clear by the afternoon. The northwest wind is blowing at 20 km/h, gusting up to 40 km/h, but is set to become lighter later in the day. The high is forecasted at minus 1°C, with a wind chill making it feel as cold as minus 11°C.

Dressing for the Day: Layers, including a wind-resistant jacket and warm accessories like gloves and a hat, are recommended to stay warm against the wind chill.

Tonight’s Forecast: Partly Cloudy with a Dip in Temperature

The evening is expected to be partly cloudy, with the wind shifting to the southwest at 20 km/h later on. The temperature will fall to a low of minus 9°C, and the wind chill will drop to minus 11°C in the evening, getting colder to minus 17°C overnight.

Outlook for Saturday: Cloudy Morning Turning Partly Sunny

Saturday will start cloudy, but it will become a mix of sun and cloud by late morning. The wind will continue from the southwest at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h. The high is anticipated to be zero degrees, but a morning wind chill will make it feel as cold as minus 16°C.

Travel Tips: Morning flurries and gusty winds may affect road conditions. Travellers should be cautious, particularly in open areas where wind gusts can be stronger. Ensure your vehicle is equipped for winter conditions.

Staying Prepared: Residents should keep up with weather updates and dress suitably for the chilly, changing conditions. Ensuring homes are well-insulated and vehicles are prepared for winter is also advisable during these fluctuating temperatures.

Previous articleNovember 10, 2023 – Sachigo Lake Experiences Cold Snap with Snow Flurries and Freezing Drizzle
Next articleNovember 10, 2023 – Kenora Weather Early Snowfall and Persistent Cold