November 10, 2023 – Sachigo Lake Experiences Cold Snap with Snow Flurries and Freezing Drizzle

263
Weather Update Moose in Snow
It is coming... Flurries expected... Stay tuned.

Early Morning Weather: Light Snow and Freezing Conditions

SACHIGO LAKE – WEATHER – As of 5:00 am, Sachigo Lake is facing light snowfall and temperatures at minus 4°C. The skies remain cloudy with a 70 percent chance of flurries, which is expected to decrease to 30 percent later this morning. An early risk of freezing drizzle is also reported. The wind is mild at up to 15 km/h, with a wind chill bringing the feel down to near minus 8°C. The UV index is low.

Dressing for the Cold: With freezing drizzle and snow, it’s advisable to wear waterproof and insulated clothing, including a hat, gloves, and warm boots.

Tonight’s Forecast: Steady Chill and Cloudy Skies

The night will continue to be cloudy, with winds remaining up to 15 km/h. The temperature is expected to drop to a low of minus 8°C, with the wind chill feeling like minus 8°C in the evening and decreasing further to minus 14°C overnight.

Saturday’s Outlook: Overcast with Increasing Winds

Saturday will be overcast, with winds shifting to the southwest at 20 km/h and gusting up to 40 km/h in the morning. The high is expected to reach zero degrees, but the wind chill in the morning will make it feel as cold as minus 13°C.

Travel Caution: Travellers should be aware of potentially icy conditions due to the freezing drizzle and flurries. The cold temperatures and gusty winds may also impact driving conditions. If you are flying check with your airline to ensure flight times.

Staying Safe and Warm: Residents should stay updated with weather forecasts and dress appropriately for the cold and changing conditions. Preparing homes for the cold and ensuring vehicles are winter-ready is also important during this period.

Previous articleNovember 10, 2023 – Cold and Snowy Conditions Continue in Whitesand and Armstrong
Next articleNovember 10, 2023 – Wasaho Cree Nation: Cold Morning Flurries Shifting to Clearer Skies