Residents and Travellers Urged to Exercise Caution on Roads Amid Weather Changes
Kenora is poised for a day of heavy snowfall starting late in the morning, with a risk of freezing rain in the afternoon. Snow transitions to a mix of rain and snow in the evening, persisting into Monday with the possibility of additional flurries. Residents are advised to be cautious on the roads, especially with the risk of freezing rain. A Weather Advisory is in effect.
- Sky Condition: Cloudy skies.
- Precipitation: Snow, at times heavy, starting late in the morning, with a risk of freezing rain this afternoon. Expected snowfall: 5 cm.
- Temperature: A high of +1°C.
- Wind: Southeastern winds picking up to 30 km/h, gusting to 50 km/h late in the morning.
- Wind Chill: Chilly in the morning with a wind chill of -10°C.
- UV Index: Low (1).
- Precipitation: Snow, still heavy at times, transitioning to a mix of rain and snow this evening. Risk of freezing rain early this evening. Expected snowfall: additional 5 cm.
- Visibility: Fog patches developing overnight.
- Temperature: Steady at +1°C.
- Wind: Winds shifting – southeast 20 km/h, becoming northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 km/h before morning.
Monday, Nov 6:
- Precipitation: Periods of snow ending in the afternoon; cloudy skies with a 40% chance of flurries afterwards. Expected snowfall: 2 cm.
- Temperature: High of +1°C, but temperature dropping to -2°C in the afternoon.
- Wind: Northeastern winds at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h.
- Wind Chill: Feeling like -7°C in the afternoon.
- UV Index: Low (1).
- Insulated Footwear: Keep feet dry and warm with insulated, waterproof boots.
- Layered Clothing: Dress in layers; wear moisture-wicking fabrics closest to the skin to stay dry.
- Warm Outerwear: Insulated coats or jackets to retain warmth.
- Head, Hands, and Neck Protection: Wear a hat, gloves, and a scarf to protect against wind chill.
- Driving Safely: Adjust driving to changing road conditions; be particularly cautious amidst freezing rain risks.
- Visibility: The fog patches overnight may reduce visibility; exercise caution while driving or walking.
Be vigilant, stay updated with the latest weather advisories, and ensure to dress warmly to navigate through the wintry weather comfortably and safely.