THUNDER BAY – Thunder Bay Police remain focused on out-of-town drug dealers.
On Wednesday arrested an Ajax, Ontario man, and seized a handgun amid an investigation into drug trafficking activity.
The Thunder Bay Police Service’s Intelligence Unit, along with members of the OPP, located the suspect connected to an ongoing drug trafficking investigation in the 100 block of Cumberland Street North just before 2 pm EDT on Wednesday, September 2, 2020.
Police found the accused to be in possession of more than $2,500 CAD, which was suspected to be funds from drug trafficking. Later, a search of the accused man’s vehicle led police to locate a seize a loaded handgun.
Rashawn Vincent Anthony SAMUELS, 26, of Ajax, Ontario, is charged with:
• Careless Storage of a Firearm
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
• Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
• Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime
• Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
• Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
• Prohibited or Restricted Firearm With Ammunition
• Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon in a Motor Vehicle
• Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
Samuels appeared in bail court on Thursday, September 3, 2020, and was remanded into custody with a future appearance date. None of the charges have been proven in court.