THUNDER BAY – Thunder Bay Transit has started running the Memorial 3M, County Park 3C, and Northwood 10 buses as stand-alone routes. These buses will now operate with greater frequency on both weekdays and weekends.
Thunder Bay Transit is also reaching out to the public to ensure that your experience onboard a transit bus in Thunder Bay is positive.
Fares and Passes
As part of the City’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, on June 15, 2020, City Council approved the elimination of Thunder Bay Transit’s 20-Ride Punch Passes and Day Passes.
Customers in possession of either 20-Ride Punch Passes or Day Passes will be able to exchange their passes at the Transit office. All exchanges must be completed by December 31, 2020. The following outlines the procedure for exchange based on the type of fare media:
- 20-Ride Punch Passes: Transit Services will exchange one (1) ticket for every unused punch on a punch pass. We will also give you an additional two (2) tickets to compensate for your round trip to the Transit office.
- Day Passes: Transit Services will give a credit of $11.00 per Day Pass to put towards an immediate purchase of any other fare media. We will also give you an additional two (2) tickets to compensate for your round trip to the Transit Office.
Customers in possession of a March monthly pass will be able to use those passes for the remaining days in July.
Customers in possession of an April monthly pass will be able to use those passes for the entire month of August – we’ll honor them on the bus.
Along with fare collection resumption, 2020 fare rates will be in effect (approved as part of the approved 2020 budget). Note: on June 15th the price of 10-Tickets were changed from $27.50 to $25.00.
How was the ride? How was your experience?
If you have feedback about an experience with our service, please contact Transit Customer Service directly via email (email@example.com) or phone (684-3744) with as much detail as possible including:
• The date and time the situation occurred
• The route number on the front of the bus (if possible)
• The four-digit bus number (if possible). The bus number can be found on the front interior or any exterior side of the bus
• The location where the situation occurred
• A description of the situation