THUNDER BAY – WEATHER – It is back to the ‘Snow Zone’ for Northwestern Ontario.
Environment Canada has issued Special Weather Statements for most of the region. The weather service says that an approaching low-pressure system will bring snowfall the area beginning late Friday night, January 17, 2020.
Total snowfall amounts of 15 to 25 cm are expected. Southeasterly winds gusting up to 50 km/h will create areas of local blowing snow. The snow will ease to light flurries by Saturday night.
Special weather statement in effect for:
- City of Thunder Bay
- Kenora – Grassy Narrows – Whitedog
- Sioux Narrows – Nestor Falls – Morson
- Dryden – Vermilion Bay
- Ignace – English River
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Atikokan – Shebandowan – Quetico Park
- Upsala – Raith