If you are looking to hire a keynote speaker, several excellent professionals will present themselves. However, picking the best professional for your Canadian event does not come easy. You have to make sure that the program engages the crowd and kicks off the series of events on the right note. The selection process can be confusing, especially since the fear of making mistakes is high. As such, here are five tips for hiring a keynote speaker for your Canadian Event.
- Establish the Event. Begin by considering the date, location, and budget of your event. These factors will help you in determining the motivational speakers available. For instance, the date you choose will determine which motivational speaker is available, while your budget will limit who you can and cannot afford. Try hiring a speaker from around your place to cut on the travel cost. You should also establish the theme of your event. The theme consists of what you want the keynote speaker to talk about, and it should also attract delegates.
- Audience. Your target audience is another factor to consider when hiring a keynote speaker. Understand your attendees since there is no motivational speaker who is right for every audience. Consider the demographics and psychographics of your target audience. The age, educational level, type of jobs, and cultural diversity will affect your choice of the best speaker.
- Learning Outcomes. You probably want a speaker who has a success story. Choose a speaker who has been successful with an audience such as yours. However, you should clarify why you want to hire a motivational speaker to establish the learning outcomes. Some common reasons include raising funds, change behavior, educate, and promote an organization.
- Search for the Keynote Speaker. Make sure you ask for testimonials of any speaker that interests you. Check if any references are from an audience such as yours. Some speakers have videos of some of their sessions. Save these videos since they will help you when making a decision. Observe the connection between the audience and the speaker. You can also call your friends or associates and ask for references. Referencing is an excellent way to narrow down your search. Consider visiting motivational speaking in Canada and hire the most sought after speaker.
- Equip your Speaker. After selecting your speaker, provide him or her with the right tools to help them succeed. These tools may include writing materials, some background information of your organization, and an introduction to the event. You should also communicate your expectations to your speaker. Early communication will eliminate any disappointments. You can also request your speaker to add value to your event by doing extra things such as book signing, or an extended Q&A session. Make sure you have captured all expectations in your agreement.
While it is crucial to look for the ideal keynote speaker, do not over think. Remember that there is more than one speaker who can do the work for you. Take your time and be confident with your selection.