THUNDER BAY – SPORTS – The Telus Cup, hosted by the Thunder Bay Kings organization requires many many volunteers to make the Canadian Under 18 Hockey Championship a success. Listed below are just some of the activities that we require volunteers for. Please review and if you find one or more that you are interested in please click on the link at the bottom in order to submit your name to the Volunteer Coordinator.
1. Game Day/Night Operations – there are a multitude of options for volunteers to make each game a success. We need individuals to scan the tickets at the entrance, selling programs, selling 50-50 draws, acting as ushers, monitoring the exit doors, setting up promos etc. You can work a single shift or multiple shifts. Morning, Afternoon and Evening shifts are available.
2. Hockey House and Beer Gardens – A number of individuals 19 or over with Smart Serve qualifications are needed to staff the Hockey House throughout the tournament.
3. Team Entertainment – The Telus Cup is about more than hockey. We want each visiting team to learn about our City and immediate area while they are here and between games. Fort William Historic Park, Kakabeka Falls, Mount McKay Lookout, the Canada Games Complex, the Art Gallery, the Waterfront and Alexander Henry are just some of the attractions that we want to have the players visit. You can be their tour guide, telling stories about our City and area.
4. Banquet and Awards Set Up – A small crew of 10 will be required to assist in the set up for the final banquet. A variety of odd jobs are available for this one event.
5. Transportation – we need drivers for the Chevy Cruze vehicles to transport the Hockey Canada officials during the week of the event. We will need people during the day and evening. You must have a good driving record and be personable as you will be an ambassador for the Kings and Thunder Bay.
6. Hotel/Team Chaperones – these volunteers will be dedicated to an out-of-town team and will stay with them from the day and time they arrive until they leave. You will be required to stay at the same hotel as the team you are assigned to, eat with them, travel with them and provide them overall support while they are in Thunder Bay. As one of the teams is Francophone, a French-speaking volunteer is required.
If you see something that interests you or you have the required skills and would like to join the Telus Cup Team please click on the link below and fill in the information.