THUNDER BAY – HEALTH – The Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) invites all community members to have a heart-to-heart with the medical school made in the North, for the North. The “I ❤ NOSM” Open House on February 15, 2017 provides an opportunity to showcase to Northern Ontarians how NOSM is living up to its social accountability mandate to contribute to improving the health of the peoples and communities of Northern Ontario.
At the “I ❤ NOSM” Open House, guests will be able to:
- Tour and engage in activities in NOSM’s Health Sciences Library.
- Try out medical equipment, such as laparoscopes.
- Hear about ways to support and volunteer at NOSM.
- Engage in guided or self-guided tours of the medical school.
- Learn about the requirements for getting into NOSM’s education programs.
- Engage in activities about medical simulation and clinical skills, just like a learner.
- See where ground-breaking health research takes place.
- Learn about how NOSM is accountable to the needs of the people and communities of the North.
Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Time: 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Locations: Sudbury Thunder Bay
NOSM School of Medicine Building NOSM School of Medicine Building
Laurentian University Lakehead University
935 Ramsey Lake Road 955 Oliver Road
Sudbury, ON Thunder Bay, ON
These Open Houses are occurring at the medical school buildings in Sudbury and Thunder Bay. There will be refreshments, and it is free to everyone! Free parking is available in both locations.