THUNDER BAY – Wildfire Update – Warm weather is likely to ramp up the Wildfire hazard over the course of the week. MNRF report, “There was one new fire confirmed in the Northwest Region by the afternoon of July 20. Thunder Bay District Fire 026 was a human-caused with smouldering railway ties located about 10 kilometres west of Pays Plat. The fire is out at 0.1 hectares in size.
“By day’s end on July 19 there was one new fire confirmed in the Northwest Region. Thunder Bay District Fire 025 was a lightning-caused fire, a single tree smouldering on an island on Middle Shebandowan Lake west of Shebandowan. It is now out at 0.1 hectares in size.”
The forest fire hazard is low to moderate in the southern sectors and moderate to high in the north and far north.
There are five active fires in the northern sectors of the region. All are listed as being observed.
- Two in the Nipigon District
- Two in the Sioux Lookout District
- One in the Red Lake District
Fire numbers and online information:
- Forest Fire Reporting Number – 310-FIRE (3473)
- Fire Information Line for general Northwest Region updates
- Current fires and interactive fire map – ontario.ca/forestfire