Access to Kam River Park Restricted During Construction

James Whalen at Kam River Park
Foggy weather starts the day at the Kam River Park
The Kam River Park
The Kam River Park

THUNDER BAY – The pedestrian underpass running between Simpson Street and Kaministiquia River Heritage Park has been closed to the public while contractors perform maintenance work on the paving stone pathway that runs through the underpass.

The work involves lifting the unit, paving stones along the length of the underpass and resetting their grade. Some work will also be done on the wooden deck outside the tunnel’s eastern entrance, near the Animikii – Flies the Thunder sculpture. The work sites will be clearly marked with construction fencing, and closed to park visitors.

The closure is expected to last three weeks. Kaministiquia River Heritage Park will be accessible via CPR Subway Street off Syndicate Avenue South during the work period.

Previous articleGreenland Glaciers Changing Rapidly
Next articleUp to $25,000 Up for Grabs in Time for the Holidays in Support of Hospital Foundation or NNL offers news, information, opinions and positive ideas for Thunder Bay, Ontario, Northwestern Ontario and the world. NNL covers a large region of Ontario, but we are also widely read around the country and the world. To reach us by email: Reach the Newsroom: (807) 355-1862