Police respond to assault call

Thunder Bay Police
Thunder Bay Police responded to an alleged assault on Victoria Ave East (Supplied image)

THUNDER BAY – Police responded quickly to a call on an alleged assault on Victoria Avenue East. According to sources, a caucasian male was assaulted by another individual. The incident happened just after 18:30EDT. 

The downtown south core has had a number of vicious assaults in recent days. The assaults have seemingly ramped up since the homicide on May Street  that happened on May 1st. There have been several incidents since then, including a female victim of a slashing incident who had her face badly disfigured by an attacker.

Violence in the South Core

Victoria Ave East
Victim of apparent assault left laying in the street (Supplied image)

On May 1st there was a homicide in the downtown south core. Police arrested a suspect who who is in the District Jail remanded until his trial.

Thunder Bay Police reported on additional attacks over the holiday long weekend.

Victoria Street in Thunder Bay, Ontario
Victoria Street in Thunder Bay, Ontario (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Informed sources are claiming a great deal of the violence is related to drug dealing in the area.

Just before 02:00EDT on May 20th, 2013, Thunder Bay Police attended the Shelter House on George Street to assist a female that had been assaulted and required medical attention. The 33 year old female victim stated that she and her 29 year old boyfriend had been assaulted in an apartment in the 100 block of South May Street. Her boyfriend attended the Shelter House shortly after and both were taken to the hospital for medical attention and both have since been released.

Thirty one year old Thea Gliddy along with thirty one year old Denise Moonias have each been charged with two counts of Aggravated Assault. Gliddy has also been charged with Breach of Probation.

Gliddy was taken into custody on May 20th, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. on South May Street without incident. She made a court appearance today and has been remanded in custody.

In today’s incident, sources relay that the Thunder Bay Police were onsite extremely quickly. The victim was on his feet after police arrived on the scene. When officers arrived the victim was laying in the street. He suffered apparent lacerations to his face. The victim according to witnesses, speaking to NetNewsLedger on condition of anonimity, state that the victim of the alleged attack would not co-operate with the police. 

Enhanced by Zemanta
Previous articlePolice Seek Public Assistance in Assault
Next articleBDC Perspective – Low-cost marketing know-how
NetNewsledger.com or NNL offers news, information, opinions and positive ideas for Thunder Bay, Ontario, Northwestern Ontario and the world. NNL covers a large region of Ontario, but are also widely read around the country and the world. To reach us by email: newsroom@netnewsledger.com Reach the Newsroom: (807) 355-1862