APTN Announces Fall Television Schedule
Winnipeg, Manitoba – Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN) announced its fall 2016 schedule today, highlighting a slate of new original series, returning favorites and thought-provoking documentaries – launching on September 5.
The network includes a new series, Taken which is a true crime documentary that is set to assist in solving issues with Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls (#MMIW).
- Mohawk Girls, Season 4 – What does it mean to be a modern Mohawk women? Sashay with four young women on their comedic and drama filled adventures. Always light-hearted, sexy and fun!
- Wentworth, Season 4 – Award-winning prison drama series from Australia; observe an intriguing and intricate environment of female relationships focused on survival.
- The Cleaner – Drama series inspired by a true story. Follow a recovering addict and his team as they help people kick their own dependence, in unconventional ways.
- Taken – An all new, hard-hitting, true crime documentary series focusing on solving the mysteries behind Canada’s missing and murdered Indigenous woman and girls.
- Moosemeat & Marmalade, Season 2- Documentary series cooks up new ingredients that lead to new adventures. Explore contrasting culinary cultures and traditions with two very different hunter/chefs.
This upcoming fall, new and loyal fans of Mohawk Girls and The Other Side will have their viewing enhanced with new digital experiences.
- Mohawk Girls returns with SSEX (Second Screen Experience) to entice users with entertaining show quotes, character profiles, polls and quizzes, as well as video clips and photo galleries online.
- Beyond The Other Side App, an interactive quiz with live, stunning imagery that will invite people to answer questions about their beliefs in the paranormal and afterlife.
French and Aboriginal language programming will also premiere on Canada’s only independent Aboriginal network. Clé du studio gathers guest musicians and gives them keys to a recording studio along with complete freedom of creation. From the North, Qanurli? launches into its fifth season filled with comedic charm and social/political issues broadcast in Inuktitut. Be sure to tune in every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 9:00 p.m. for the colossal APTN Movies lineup. See aptn.ca/movies for the star-studded details! APTN’s fall 2016 season kicks off September 5. Discover the full programming lineup below, or visit aptn.ca/schedule!