THUNDER BAY – Sports – The SIJHL Minnesota Wilderness are continuing to surge. The Wilderness have maintained their place among the elite in the Canadian Junior Hockey League Top 20 rankings. Currently leading the Superior International Junior Hockey League with an impressive 19-3 record after 22 games the Wilderness held on to their fourth overall listing in the latest CJHL rankings that were announced Monday.
The Wilderness continue to be one of the hottest clubs in the entire 128-team CJHL having won seven in a row while also going 12-1 in their past 13 outings.
The CJHL Top 20 is formulated each week in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting and is based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the teams belong to as well as regular season results.
Holding on to top spot in the CJHL for yet another week are the Alberta Junior Hockey League’s Brooks Bandits who are an impressive 24-1 after 25 games.
Moving back into second spot overall are the Maritime Hockey League’s Truro Bearcats while the Flin Flon Bombers of the Saskatchewan Jr. Hockey League dropped a notch to third.
The following are the CJHL Top 20 as of Nov. 26, 2012, with the overall ranking, their listing last week, the team as well as the league they are a member of.
1. (1) Brooks Bandits (AJHL)
2. (3) Truro Bearcats (MHL)
3. (2) Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL)
4. (4) Minnesota Wilderness (SIJHL)
5. (6) Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL)
6. (5) OCN Blizzard (MJHL)
7. (10) Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL)
8. (7) Grande Prairie Storm (AJHL)
9. (9) Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL)
10. (12) Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL)
11. (13) Summerside Western Capitals (MHL)
12. (11) Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL)
13. (15) Penticton Vees (BCHL)
15. (8) Winnipeg Blues (MJHL)
16. (17) Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL)
17. (HM) Yorkton Terriers (SJHL)
18. (HM) Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL)
19. (19) Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL)
20. (20) Saint Jerome Pantheres (LHJAAAQ)
Honourable Mention: Surrey Eagles (BCHL), Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL), St. Michael’s Buzzers (OJHL), Oakville Blades (OJHL), Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL).
The CJHL is an amalgamation of 10 Junior A hockey leagues from across Canada.