Sunny Skies and Evening Showers for Winnipeg

9942
Winnipeg Manitoba

Weather Forecast for Winnipeg

Current Conditions

As of 5:00 AM CDT on Monday, June 17, 2024, Winnipeg is experiencing cool temperatures with partly cloudy skies.

Observed at Winnipeg Richardson Int’l Airport:

  • Temperature: 9.3°C
  • Condition: Partly Cloudy
  • Wind: SW at 11 km/h
  • Barometric Pressure: 100.9 kPa (Rising)
  • Humidity: 87%
  • Dew Point: 7.3°C
  • Visibility: 24 km

Today’s Weather Forecast

Winnipeg will enjoy sunny skies this morning, transitioning to a mix of sun and cloud by the afternoon.

  • Weather: Sunny in the morning, becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon.
  • High Temperature: 21°C
  • UV Index: 7 (High)

Tonight’s Weather

  • Weather: Partly cloudy in the evening, becoming cloudy near midnight with rain expected. There is a risk of thunderstorms overnight. Expected rainfall amounts are between 10 to 15 mm.
  • Wind: Becoming northeast at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h late in the evening, increasing to 40 km/h, gusting to 60 km/h before morning.
  • Low Temperature: 11°C

Tomorrow’s Weather Forecast (Tuesday, June 18)

Expect cloudy conditions with a high chance of showers in the morning, decreasing in the afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms.

  • Weather: Cloudy with a 70% chance of showers in the morning, decreasing to a 30% chance near noon. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon.
  • Wind: Northeast at 40 km/h, gusting to 60 km/h, becoming north at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h late in the afternoon.
  • High Temperature: 16°C
  • UV Index: 6 (High)
  • Night: Periods of rain.
  • Low Temperature: 9°C

Midweek Weather (Wednesday, June 19)

Expect clearing skies and pleasant temperatures.

  • Weather: Clearing.
  • High Temperature: 20°C
  • Night: Clear skies.
  • Low Temperature: 9°C

Safety and Precautions

Be prepared for significant weather changes tonight, including potential thunderstorms and strong winds. Ensure that outdoor items are secured, and plan for possible travel disruptions due to rain and wind.

Wardrobe Suggestions

  • Today: Dress in layers to stay warm in the cool morning and comfortable in the warmer afternoon. A light jacket is recommended.
  • Tonight: Wear warm clothing and be prepared for rain with a waterproof jacket or umbrella.
  • Tomorrow: Light layers with a jacket for the cooler day and possible rain showers.

Weather Trivia for Winnipeg

Did you know? Winnipeg is known for its extreme temperature variations, often experiencing very cold winters and warm summers. Its location in the Canadian Prairies makes it susceptible to rapid weather changes, especially during transitional seasons.

Previous articleCool Morning and Mixed Conditions Ahead for Regina
Next articleHeat Warning Issued for Greater Sudbury