May 17, 2024: Kenora Extended Victoria Day Long Weekend Weather Forecast

6017
Spring weather

Good morning, Kenora! As we approach the Victoria Day long weekend, the weather is currently foggy with a temperature of 6°C. Play for fun and remember to drive sober.

Here’s a detailed forecast for today and the upcoming holiday weekend to help you plan your activities and celebrations.

Today’s Weather Overview

Current Conditions

As of 5:00 AM CDT, the weather observed at Kenora Airport is foggy with a temperature of 6.4°C. The dew point is also 6.4°C, resulting in 100% humidity. Winds are coming from the east-southeast at 10 km/h, and the atmospheric pressure is 100.6 kPa and falling. Visibility is limited to 0.4 km due to the fog.

Afternoon and Evening Forecast

  • Afternoon: The sky will be mainly cloudy with a 30% chance of showers. Fog patches will dissipate this morning. Winds will shift to southeast at 20 km/h, and the high temperature will reach 20°C. The UV index will be 5, which is moderate.
  • Evening: The weather will become partly cloudy, then cloudy near midnight with a 70% chance of showers overnight. There is a risk of thunderstorms overnight. Winds will be southeast at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h, then becoming light after midnight and shifting to south at 20 km/h before morning. The temperature will drop to a low of 13°C.

Victoria Day Weekend Forecast

Expected Conditions

  • Saturday, May 18: The day will be cloudy with a 70% chance of showers, changing to a 30% chance of showers in the afternoon. There is a risk of thunderstorms in the morning and early afternoon. Winds will shift from southwest at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h, to 40 km/h, gusting to 60 km/h in the afternoon. The high will be 17°C, with temperatures falling to 10°C in the afternoon. The UV index will be 5, which is moderate.
    • Night: The night will be cloudy with a low of 9°C.
  • Sunday, May 19: The weather will feature a mix of sun and cloud with a high of 21°C.
    • Night: The night will be cloudy with a 40% chance of showers and a low of 10°C.
  • Monday, May 20: Expect cloudy skies with a 40% chance of showers. The high will reach 15°C.
    • Night: The night will have cloudy periods with a low of 9°C.

Wardrobe Recommendations

  • Today: Dress warmly in layers due to the cool, foggy morning. Carry an umbrella or raincoat for the chance of showers and dress in lighter clothing as temperatures rise in the afternoon.
  • Saturday: Light clothing with a rain jacket or umbrella is recommended due to the high chance of showers and possible thunderstorms. Windproof attire will also be beneficial due to gusty winds.
  • Sunday and Monday: Enjoy the mix of sun and cloud on Sunday with light, breathable clothing. For Monday, be prepared for showers with waterproof gear and warmer layers.

Weather Trivia

Did you know that Kenora’s name is derived from the first two letters of the names of the adjacent Keewatin, Norman, and Rat Portage towns? This unique origin reflects the community spirit and unity of the region.

Previous articleVape Pens and Brain Chemistry: A Deep Dive into Cognitive Effects
Next articleVictoria Day Long Weekend Weather Outlook for Winnipeg