Northern Ontario Weather Report: Variable Conditions Across KI, Bearskin Lake, Sachigo Lake, Kasabonika, and Sandy Lake

4426
Northern Store in Bearskin Lake - Agreement with North Star Air should reduce costs for consumers
Northern Store in Bearskin Lake

Residents of Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug (KI), Bearskin Lake, Sachigo Lake, Kasabonika, and Sandy Lake experience a chilly and damp morning with light rain and temperatures around 4.1°C, as recorded at Big Trout Lake Airport.

The forecast ahead predicts a mix of sun, clouds, and varying chances of precipitation.

Today’s Weather Overview:

Current Conditions:

As of 5:00 AM CDT, Big Trout Lake Airport reports light rain with a temperature of 4.1°C. Atmospheric pressure is at 100.6 kPa. High humidity levels at 94% pair with a dew point of 3.2°C, indicating a very moist air mass.

Winds are mild, blowing from the west at 4 km/h, with reduced visibility at 16 kilometers due to the rain.

Expected Conditions:

Today, the region will see a mix of sun and cloud, starting with a 70% chance of showers that will decrease to 30% by the afternoon. Winds will shift north, increasing to 20 km/h and gusting to 40 km/h. The temperature will rise to a high of 14°C, and the UV index will be moderate at 5.

Tonight, skies will become partly cloudy with a continued 30% chance of showers early in the evening. Fog patches are expected to develop overnight. The north wind at 20 km/h, gusting to 40 km/h, will diminish in the evening. The low will drop to around 1°C.

Saturday, May 11, promises mainly sunny skies once morning fog patches dissipate. The high will be warmer at 17°C, with the UV index remaining moderate. The night will bring cloudy conditions with a 60% chance of showers and a low of 2°C.

Sunday, May 12, will be cloudy with a 40% chance of showers during the day, cooling significantly to a high of just 7°C. The night will continue cloudy, with a 40% chance of either rain showers or flurries and local blowing snow due to windy conditions. Temperatures will drop to a low of minus 4°C.

Wardrobe Recommendations:

Given the varied conditions, layering is essential for comfort, with waterproof gear needed for the showers and potential flurries. Warm clothing will be necessary as temperatures are expected to drop significantly by Sunday night.

Weather Trivia:

The northern regions like KI and surrounding communities are known for their unpredictable and rapidly changing weather conditions, influenced by their geographical location within the Canadian Shield.

Previous articleSioux Lookout Weather Forecast: Showery and Unsettled Conditions Ahead: May 10-12 2024
Next articleThunder Bay Weather Report: A Chilly Start with Warmer Afternoon Ahead