Sioux Lookout Weather Forecast: Showery and Unsettled Conditions Ahead: May 10-12 2024

4914
Weather Outlook Pine Trees
Photo by Munzeroy Neekan

As of early this morning, Sioux Lookout is under mostly cloudy skies with a temperature of 7.5°C. The forecast for the next few days includes a mix of showers, potential thunderstorms, and varying cloud cover as reported from Sioux Lookout Airport.

Today’s Weather Overview:

Current Conditions:

At 5:00 AM CDT, Sioux Lookout Airport recorded a temperature of 7.5°C under mostly cloudy skies. The atmospheric pressure is 101.0 kPa and falling, suggesting potential changes in the weather pattern. Humidity is at 56%, with a dew point of -0.6°C, indicating relatively dry air for now. Winds are gentle from the south-southeast at 6 km/h, but visibility remains clear at 24 kilometers.

Expected Conditions:

Today, the area will remain mainly cloudy with a 70% chance of showers and a risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Winds will shift to the north, increasing to 30 km/h and gusting up to 50 km/h. The high is expected to reach 14°C, with a moderate UV index of 4.

Tonight, showers continue early in the evening with a 70% chance, decreasing to 30% later on. There’s also a risk of early evening thunderstorms. The sky will start to clear overnight, though fog patches are likely to develop. Winds from the north at 30 km/h gusting to 50 will become light in the evening. The overnight low will be around 3°C.

Saturday, May 11, starts sunny but will see a mix of sun and cloud by the afternoon with a 40% chance of showers. Morning fog patches will dissipate. Winds will pick up from the southwest at 20 km/h in the late afternoon. The high for the day will be slightly warmer at 16°C, with a higher UV index of 6.

The night will be cloudy with a 30% chance of showers, maintaining a low of 8°C.

Sunday, May 12, will feature a mix of sun and cloud with a 30% chance of showers, reaching a high of 17°C. The evening will clear up, but temperatures will drop to a low of minus 2°C.

Wardrobe Recommendations:

Given the fluctuating weather, layering is essential. Waterproof and wind-resistant outerwear will be beneficial, especially during gusty and wet conditions. Sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended during sunny intervals due to the moderate to high UV index.

Weather Trivia:

Sioux Lookout’s climate is marked by its northern location, which can lead to rapid changes in weather, especially during the transition seasons like spring.

Previous articleSault Ste. Marie Weather Forecast: Mixed Skies with Shower Chances
Next articleNorthern Ontario Weather Report: Variable Conditions Across KI, Bearskin Lake, Sachigo Lake, Kasabonika, and Sandy Lake