Colder Temperatures and Light Flurries in Armstrong and Whitesand
Armstrong and Whitesand: Residents in Armstrong and Whitesand can expect colder temperatures along with the possibility of light flurries today.
Here’s a breakdown of the current weather conditions:
- Morning Chill: The current temperature stands at -7°C as of 4:30 AM EST, making for a chilly morning.
- Flurries Chance: Cloudy skies with a 30 percent chance of flurries will persist throughout the morning.
- Winds: Northwest winds at 20 km/h, gusting to 40, are expected to become light in the morning.
- Daytime High: The daytime high is projected to reach minus 7°C, though wind chill factors will make it feel as cold as minus 20°C in the morning and minus 12°C in the afternoon.
- Mainly cloudy conditions are expected for the night.
- There’s a 30 percent chance of flurries early in the evening.
- Winds will be lighter, reaching up to 15 km/h.
- Overnight temperatures will drop to minus 15°C, with a wind chill of minus 11°C in the evening and minus 18°C overnight.
Monday, December 11:
- The weather on Monday is expected to be cloudy, with a high of minus 7°C.
Travel Advisory: Due to the cooler temperatures and the possibility of flurries, residents are encouraged to dress warmly and be cautious when traveling. Ensure your vehicle is equipped for winter conditions if you plan to be on the road.
Weather Trivia: Did you know that wind chill is a measure of how cold it feels on your skin when the wind is factored into the temperature? Wind can significantly affect how cold it feels outside, so it’s essential to consider wind chill when planning outdoor activities during the winter.