WASAHO CREE NATION – WEATHER – The weather in Wasaho Cree Nation is set to be challenging with snow, ice pellets, and potential freezing rain. Residents should prepare for varied and potentially hazardous conditions.
Freezing Rain Warnings are in effect for Sachigo Lake, Bearskin Lake, KI, Kingfisher Lake, and Wunnimmun Lake. This could impact aviation. Check with your airline if you are flying.
Monday Weather Forecast
- Morning to Afternoon: Mainly cloudy with periods of snow beginning late in the morning. Snow will mix with ice pellets in the afternoon, accompanied by a risk of freezing rain.
- Snow and Ice Pellet Accumulation: Approximately 2 cm.
- Wind: Becoming southeast 30 km/h, gusting to 50 in the morning.
- High Temperature: Around -1°C, but with a wind chill making it feel like -23°C in the morning and -9°C in the afternoon.
- Conditions: Periods of snow ending early in the evening, followed by cloudy skies. Flurries are expected to begin after midnight with blowing snow overnight.
- Snowfall: Local accumulation of 2 to 4 cm.
- Wind: South 30 km/h gusting to 50, becoming west 40 gusting to 60 overnight.
- Low Temperature: About -9°C, with a wind chill factor of -7°C in the evening and -15°C overnight.
Tuesday, 21st November
- Weather: Expect flurries throughout the day.
- Wind: Conditions will remain windy.
- High Temperature: Near -8°C.
Residents should take caution, particularly when traveling, as roads and walkways may become slippery. Blowing snow could reduce visibility, making outdoor activities and driving more challenging. Keep updated with the latest weather alerts and forecasts from the NetNewsLedger Weather Desk.