WEATHER ALERT – The NetNewsLedger Weather Desk has issued a Freezing Rain Warning for Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug First Nation and Kasibonika First Nation along with Bearskin Lake and Sachigo Lake.
Residents in these areas should prepare for hazardous weather conditions.
- Freezing Rain: A significant period of freezing rain is expected to hit the region.
- Ice Build-Up: Anticipate a few millimetres of ice accumulation, which can create treacherous conditions.
- Onset: The freezing rain is forecasted to begin Monday morning.
- Duration: It could persist into the early afternoon, with prolonged exposure in some areas.
- Mixed Precipitation: At times, the freezing rain may be interspersed with snow or ice pellets.
- Varying Intensity: The severity and duration of the freezing rain may vary across different areas.
Impact and Precautions:
- Slippery Surfaces: Roads, walkways, and parking lots are likely to become slick and icy.
- Travel Caution: If travel is necessary, proceed with extreme caution due to potential for reduced visibility and slippery road conditions.
- Aviation Operations: Freezing Rain could cause flight delays or cancelations.
- Stay Informed: Continue to monitor local weather updates and heed any advice or instructions from local authorities.
Residents are advised to stay safe and prepare for these icy conditions. The NetNewsLedger Weather Desk will provide further updates as the situation evolves.