Fort Frances braces for a day of fluctuating weather conditions: from snow to rain with a risk of freezing rain in between
Fort Frances is set to experience a mix of snow, rain, and a risk of freezing rain starting this morning and transitioning through the day. The fluctuating weather poses challenges to commuting and outdoor activities. Residents and travellers are advised to exercise caution, especially during the transition period where freezing rain is a risk.
- Sky Condition: Cloudy skies with periods of snow starting this morning, transitioning to rain by afternoon.
- Precipitation: Snow accumulating to about 2 cm before changing to rain, with a risk of freezing rain during the early afternoon transition.
- Temperature: High of +2°C.
- Wind: Becoming southeast at 20 km/h early this afternoon.
- Wind Chill: -9°C this morning.
- UV Index: Low (1).
- Precipitation: Continued rain with an expected accumulation of 10 to 20 mm. Fog patches are likely to develop overnight.
- Temperature: Steady at +2°C.
- Wind: Southeast at 20 km/h, becoming light later in the evening.
Monday, Nov 6:
- Precipitation: Periods of rain changing to periods of snow late in the morning with a local snowfall amount of 2 cm expected.
- Temperature: High of +2°C, falling to -1°C in the afternoon.
- Wind: Up to 15 km/h.
- Wind Chill: -5°C in the afternoon.
- Waterproof Boots: To keep your feet dry during the rain and snow.
- Layered Clothing: Layers can help you adjust to fluctuating temperatures.
- Waterproof and Insulated Jacket: Protection against both snow and rain is crucial.
- Headgear and Gloves: To retain body heat.
- Travel Caution: The risk of freezing rain can make roads and walkways slippery. Be prepared for changing road conditions.
- Visibility: Fog patches tonight could reduce visibility. Exercise extra caution while driving.
- Stay Updated: Monitor the latest weather updates to stay informed about changing weather conditions.
Residents should stay prepared and adjust their plans according to the evolving weather situation to ensure safety.