THUNDER BAY – NEWS – The OPP Norfolk County Crime Unit, Norfolk/Haldimand Community Street Crime Unit with assistance of the Thunder Bay Police Service took an individual into custody at a Thunder Bay address in relation to a shooting investigation on West Street in Simcoe on June 18, 2022.
29-year-old, Jamel Anthony EVANS of North York, Ontario faces the following charges:
- Aggravated assault,
- Careless use of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition,
- Point a firearm,
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose,
- Carrying concealed weapon,
- Unauthorized possession of weapon,
- Possession of loaded, prohibited, or restricted firearm, and
- Discharge firearm with intent.
The accused is being held in custody in Thunder Bay and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located in Simcoe at a later date.
“The OPP would like to take this opportunity to thank the members of the Thunder Bay Police Service for their assistance with this investigation,” stated Inspector Jodi Kays, Detachment Commander, Norfolk County OPP.