SANDY LAKE – WEATHER – Hot and humid weather is headed into parts of Northern Ontario over the next 36 hours. The two-day heat event will continue into Monday for areas near Sandy Lake and southwards.
Maximum temperatures reached 29 degrees Celsius today and higher. Continued heat is expected on Monday, with maximum temperatures potentially less hot and reaching between 27 and 29 degrees Celsius.
Heat Warning in effect for:
- Sandy Lake – Weagamow Lake – Deer Lake
- Pickle Lake – Cat Lake
- Fort Hope – Lansdowne House – Ogoki
- Armstrong – Auden – Wabakimi Park
- Beardmore – Jellicoe – Macdiarmid
- Gull Bay – Black Sturgeon Lake
Humidex values reaching 33 are expected for the next day.
Little relief from the heat during the overnight hours tonight into early Monday morning is expected with minimum temperatures forecast to drop to between 18 and 20 degrees Celsius.