May 23, 2022 – Western and Northern Ontario Weather Outlook

610
Thunder Bay's Tourist Pagoda
Thunder Bay's Tourist Pagoda

THUNDER BAY – WEATHER – There are frost advisories out across the Western Ontario region.

Temperatures however should be warming up fairly quickly today.

Thunder Bay

Sunny skies to start the Victoria Day holiday in Thunder Bay. However, skies will becoming a mix of sun and cloud near noon. Winds will becoming south 20 km/h gusting to 40 this morning. High for Monday of 15.

UV index 6 or high.

Tonight skies will clear. Winds will be from the south at 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low plus 3.

Fort Frances

It is -2 in Fort Frances this morning. Mainly sunny skies are forecast. Winds will be from the southwest at 20 km/h before becoming light late this morning.

Winds will pick up after noon, becoming south 20 gusting to 40 late this afternoon. High for Victoria Day will be +17. Wind chill minus 5 this morning.

UV index 6 or high.

Tonight will see mainly cloudy. There is forecast a 40 per cent chance of showers overnight with the risk of a thunderstorm. Winds will be from the south at 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low 8.

Dryden and Vermilion Bay

It is +4 this morning in Dryden. Mainly sunny are set for the morning, however there will be increasing cloudiness near noon then a 30 per cent chance of showers late this afternoon.

Winds will become southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 this morning. High for Victoria Day of +16.

UV index 6 or high.

Tonight will see partly cloudy skies with a 30 per cent chance of showers. Winds will be from the southwest at 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low 7.

Fort Severn

It is -2 this morning up in Fort Severn. A mix of sun and cloud is forecast along with a 30 per cent chance of showers late this afternoon along with the risk of a thunderstorm.

Winds will becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 late this morning. High for Monday will be +17. Wind chill minus 4 this morning. UV index 5 or moderate.

Tonight the forecast is calling for partly cloudy skies. There will be a 30 per cent chance of showers changing to a 70 per cent chance of showers overnight. There will be a risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low +2.