Thunder Bay – NEWS – Ontario has provided an update on what will be open and what will be closed under the COVID-19 Lockdown that starts on December 26, 2020.
What Will Be Open
- Supermarkets, convenience stores and indoor farmers markets
- Big box and discount stores that sell groceries
- Liquor stores
- Supply chain businesses and those declared essential
- Childcare centres and home- based child care
- An outdoor recreation amenity (skating rink) can be deemed open if participants can socially distance.
- Hotels, lodges, cabins, motels – must close any indoor fitness areas, pools, restaurants.
Curbside Pick Up/Appointment Only
- General retail (small businesses) for curbside pick-up or delivery only
- Restaurants for take-out, drive-thru and delivery only
- Pet stores curbside pick up only, veterinary clinics to use curb side pick up/drop off.
- Cannabis stores for curbside pick-up or delivery only
- Garden centres for curbside pic-up or delivery only
- Motor vehicle sales by appointment only
- Vehicle and equipment rental by appointment only
- Car mechanic by appointment only
- Home sales will be done by appointment only
What Will Be Closed
- Shopping malls closed for in-person retail
- In-person driving instruction except for commercial vehicles.
- Indoor sports and recreation
- Museums, zoos and similar venues
- Drive-in or Drive through events are not permitted
- Night clubs and strip clubs
- Ski hills