MANITOUWADGE – Santé Manitouwadge Health has received notification of its first positive novel coronavirus (COVID-19) test result for a person in Manitouwadge.
In a statement, the hospital says, “Thunder Bay District Health Unit (TBDHU) is actively investigating the case. Currently, they are doing contact tracing, which involves tracking down everyone who has been in close physical contact with the individual who tested positive for COVID-19
“SMH will be putting a pause on some activities and will continually reassess our programming dependent on the Community Covid19 status along with Regional and Provincial guidelines.”
Staying safe and limiting the spread of the virus
To prevent virus transmission in our communities, everyone is encouraged to continue following the important messages that have been repeatedly shared over the last few months, including:
- Maintaining physical distancing,
- Staying home if you are sick,
- Wearing a face covering when needed,
- Self-isolating when appropriate,
- Washing or sanitizing your hands frequently,
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and
- Disinfecting frequently touched surfaces often.
If you have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or are concerned that you need to be tested for COVID-19, first self-isolate, contact the COVID Assessment Centre by calling: 807- 826-3251 ext. 221,