THUNDER BAY – WEATHER – Updated The Weather Alerts have ended for most of the region.
Environment Canada has issued special weather statements for a number of regions of Western Ontario this morning.
The weather service states that strong wind gusts and local blowing snow expected this morning. Behind these strong winds is an Alberta Clipper. This system will bring locally strong northwesterly winds with gusts of 70 to 80 km/h possible.
Strong winds, along with falling snow, will allow for blowing snow to reduce visibilities at times and make travel difficult.
Winds will weaken this afternoon.
5:17 AM EST Sunday 01 November 2020
Special weather statement in effect for:
- City of Thunder Bay
- Seine River Village – Mine Centre
- Dryden – Vermilion Bay
- Ignace – English River
- Savant Lake – Sturgeon Lake
- Sioux Lookout – Eastern Lac Seul
- Cloud Bay – Dorion
- Kakabeka Falls – Whitefish Lake – Arrow Lake
- Armstrong – Auden – Wabakimi Park
- Beardmore – Jellicoe – Macdiarmid
- Gull Bay – Black Sturgeon Lake
- Nakina – Aroland – Pagwa