KENORA – The OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), Organized Crime & Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), and Kenora OPP Detachment members have executed a search warrant at a Heenan Place residence in the City of Kenora.
On July 28, 2020, at 9:00 pm CDT, police executed a search warrant as part of an ongoing investigation into the sale of illegal drugs in the North West region. As a result, officers seized drugs, cash, and drug paraphernalia.
Police have charged 50-year-old Gregory BLACKWOOD, 19-year-old Tyler BLACKWOOD and 44-year-old Stephanie JAMES each with the following charges under the Criminal Code (CC) and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA).
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking, contrary to section 5(2) CDSA
- Possession of a Schedule IV substance for the Purpose of Trafficking, contrary to section 5(2) CDSA
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000, contrary to section 354(1)(a) CC
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition, contrary to section 92(2) CC
- Possession Device to Intercept Private Communication, contrary to section 191(1) CC
- 3 counts of Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, contrary to section 88 CC
All of the accused were released on Appearance Notices to attend the Kenora Courthouse on September 24, 2020, to answer the charges.
None of the charges have been proven in court.