THUNDER BAY – On the 28th of May 2020 at approximately 2:41 pm members of the OPP Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau observed a male known to them to be a prohibited driver operating motor vehicle in the City of Thunder Bay.
The vehicle was stopped and the male driver arrested. Police located large sums of money, jewelry, and marihuana in the vehicle.
A subsequent search warrant was executed at the male’s residence in Shuniah Ontario. Altogether the following was seized by police.
- 50lbs of Marihuana
- $95,000 in Canadian Currency
- $160,000 in jewelry
- 12 Gauge Shotgun
- 2016 BMW SUV
Michael MENZIES, 25 of Shuniah Ontario is charged with the following offences;
- Possession of Property obtained by crime over $5,000 S.354(1)(a) Criminal Code
- Operate Motor Vehicle while Prohibited S.320.18(1)(a) CC
- Possession of Cannabis for the purpose of selling S.10(2) Cannabis Act
- Possession of Illicit Cannabis S.8(1)(b) Cannabis Act
- Unauthorized possession of a Firearm S.91(1) Criminal Code
- Careless Storage of a Firearm S.86(1)CC
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm S.92(1) CC
- Possession of Cocaine. S.4(1) Controlled Drug and Substances Act
Menzies was released on an Undertaking and has a court date in August 2020 in Thunder Bay.