KENORA – The Kenora Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) with the assistance of the Scenes of Crimes Officers (SOCO) is investigating a series of property crimes throughout the City of Kenora.
Police were advised on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, that several businesses downtown had damage to the exterior of the buildings.
- The Kenora OPP would like to remind anyone who:
- (a) destroys or damages property;
- (b) renders property dangerous, useless, inoperative or ineffective;
- (c) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property; or
- (d) Obstructs, interrupts or interferes with any person in the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property.
- Will be charged with Mischief Contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada.
Anyone with information about these or any other property crimes are asked to call the Kenora OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or CRIMESTOPPERS at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
It is also important for citizens to report any property crime or suspicious actives to the police so all incidents can be investigated thoroughly.