THUNDER BAY – Local and regional police services are continuing their drug offensive. Working together, the Thunder Bay Police Service Intelligence Unit and the Ontario Provincial Police along with the Nishnawbe-Aski Police Service executed two warrants in the 100 block of Frederica Street On November 15, 2018.
As a result, two males and a female were arrested. A large quantity of what is believed to be Fentanyl, a smaller quantity of what is believed to be cocaine and several different types of pills were seized.
The total potential street value of all the drugs seized is about $80,000. In addition, nearly $7,700 in Canadian currency was seized. Of concern to police was the seizure of a switchblade-type knife, brass knuckles and a loaded handgun.
Arrested and charged were:
Sean Barrie 28, of Thunder Bay
• Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking X 5
• Possession of a Schedule 3 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
• Careless Storage of a Firearm
• Adult Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
• Adult Possession Firearm Without Registration Certificate
• Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
Michael Woods 50 and Summer Boucher 40, of Thunder Bay
• Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance X 4
• Possession of a Prohibited Weapon X 2
All accused appeared in court today and have been remanded into custody with a future appearance date. None of the charges have been proven in court.