SUDBURY – The wildfire outlook for the Northeast region is a variable one. Hazards range from low to high in the Northeast District.
There has been one new fire discovered on Saturday.
- North Bay 9 is being held at 1.6 hectares
Currently, there are 6 active fires in the region.
- Parry Sound 15 is under control at 0.3 of a hectare
- Bancroft 3 is under control at 6.9 hectares
- Hearst 4 is under control at 475 hectares
- Hearst 5 is under control at 2574 hectares
- Wawa 7 is being held at 294 hectares
The forest fire danger rating ranges from low to high for the northeast. The areas of most concern are in the south and southeast portions of the region.
Provincial Firefighting Resources – Out of Province
- 112 fire response personnel are in Ontario supporting the firefighting effort. They are from British Columbia, and Newfoundland.
- Two flight coordinators to Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Center in Winnipeg to assist in coordinating national aircraft for interprovincial / international movements of firefighting staff.
Build a safe campfire!
Choose the site of your campfire carefully and keep your fire small. Stay nearby: never leave your campfire unattended. Put your fire out by drowning it with water. Be sure that the fire is extinguished. Stir the ashes with a stick to uncover hot coals and then drown it again. You can never be too safe!
For further tips on how to be FireSmart, visit: ontario.ca/firesmart.
For more information about the current fire situation and the active fires map: ontario.ca/forestfire.
Report forest fires by calling 310-FIRE (3473).