THUNDER BAY, Ont. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League announced their latest Pointstreak Top 20 rankings Monday and Fort Frances Lakers of the Superior International Junior Hockey League remain locked in the listings.
The Lakers were once again slotted No. 7 overall in the 131-team CJHL in the rankings, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
Fort Frances continues to pace the SIJHL standings with a 30-6-0-1 record, which gives them 61 points and has the Lakers 12 ahead of the second place Dryden GM Ice Dogs with a game in hand.
There was no change among the top five teams in the CJHL rankings this week with the Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL), Penticton Vees (BCHL), Portage Terriers (MJHL), Trenton Gold Hawks (OJHL) and Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) holding down first through fifth respectively.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings and five honourable mention squads for the period ending Jan. 31:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (1)
2. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
3. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (3)
4. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (4)
5. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (5)
6. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (6)
7. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (7)
8. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (9)
9. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (8)
10. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (11)
11. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (10)
12. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (13)
13. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (12)
14. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (14)
15. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (15)
16. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (HM)
17. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (16)
18. Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (18)
19. Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) (NR)
20. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL); Melfort Mustangs (SJHL); Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL); Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL); Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.