THUNDER BAY – Food Now – Foodland Ontario offers Curried Carrot and Potato Soup Shooters. A great fall treat to enjoy at either a party or just for fun with your family. Its fast to make, and looks great!
This is quick to prepare with Ontario potatoes, onions, carrots and garlic. Serve to party guests in espresso cups or tiny shooter glasses with swirl of sour cream or chopped fresh coriander to garnish.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Makes about 20 appetizers
- 4 medium Ontario Potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 large Ontario Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium Ontario Onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled and chopped Ontario Sweet Potato or Butternut Squash
- 2 or 3 large cloves Ontario Garlic, quartered
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot or mild curry powder
- 4 to 6 cups (1 to 1.5 L) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Light sour cream or chopped fresh Ontario Coriander
In large heavy saucepan combine potatoes, carrots, onion, sweet potato, garlic and curry powder. Pour in enough broth to just cover vegetables; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer gently for 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are very soft.
Purée vegetable mixture in blender or food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or cold, garnished with sour cream.
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 7 grams
- Calories: 40
- Fibre: 1 gram
- Sodium: 86 mg