THUNDER BAY – The Thunder Bay Police report that at approximately 23:30EDT on June 24th, an attempted robbery occurred just north of County Fair Plaza on Dawson Road.
A twenty-two year old female was walking home on the path which leads to County Blvd. Police report that “Two Native Canadian males in their early 20’s, dressed in dark clothing, came up from behind the female and pushed her to the ground. The males demanded money or her i-Phone. The female was able to get up and run away. Police were called immediately but the suspects fled the scene”.
The female was not injured. Thunder Bay Police are continuing the investigation.
If anyone has information regarding this incident, please contact Thunder Bay Police or Thunder Bay District Crime Stoppers (623-8477) TIPS.
Walking At Night Safer
Walking at night in the city can present risks and dangers.
- If you carry a handbag with a shoulder strap, wear the strap across your chest
- Hide your valuables. Smart phones and other mobile devices can be a target for thieves. Keep them concealed when not in use
- Try and walk in large groups, particularly at night.
- Walk with confidence and travel in well lit areas
- If you feel threatened, make a scene, draw attention to yourself and head towards an area with people
- Report any suspicious activity immediately
- Trust your instincts. If it doesn’t feel safe, it probably isn’t
Source: Humber College