THUNDER BAY – Crime – Thunder Bay Police responded to 57 calls over the past twenty four hours. As keeping with it being a Friday night there were lots of calls to deal with the impact of drugs and alcohol across the city.
Police responded to twenty-five calls on quality of life issues, sixteen were liquor related. There were two sexual assaults reported to Police. One in the 200 block of Frankin Street on Friday afternoon. The other sexual assault, reported in the 500 block of Arthur Street, was also on Friday evening.
Thunder Bay Daily Crime Report
Thunder Bay Police responded to three weapons calls. One in the 1000 block of West Gore Street, and another on the 100 block of Autummwood Drive.
In addition there were several assaults.
Traffic stops also kept Thunder Bay drivers on their toes. Police stopped 21 drivers and dealt with three calls for break-ins to vehicles.
Thunder Bay Crime Chart – 24 hours April 06 2013
Crime Prevention Tips
Our friends at the Sault Set Marie Police Service share this ‘Top Ten’ List of to keep you safer:
- Pay attention to your surroundings and trust your instincts.
- Use common sense.
- Avoid strange people, places, and settings.
- Be more cautious when it is dark and you are alone.
- Lock up homes, cars, and other valuables.
- Whenever possible travel with friends.
- Always tell someone you trust where you will be.
- Think through and prepare for different emergencies.
- Don’t be an “easy target.”
- Report crimes and anyone or anything suspicious.