THUNDER BAY – Public Meetings on Saturday will help residents fill in Disaster Forms. The City of Thunder Bay will hold another set of public meetings Saturday, June 23rd, that will include an update and questions and answers followed by an opportunity to pick up claim forms and ask specific questions. City Clerk John Hannam reminds residents who are planning to attend that proper identification, proof of residence, and a copy of their water bill will be required to fill out the claim forms. Three forms will be available:
1. Detailed Disaster Relief Forms – Residents who were affected by the flood without insurance or inadequate coverage can apply for assistance for losses and damages under the Ontario Disaster Relief Assistance Program. Must be completed by Oct. 31, 2012.
2. Advance Disaster Relief Forms – Residents who were affected by the flood without insurance or inadequate coverage can apply for an advance against any disaster assistance under the Ontario Disaster Relief Assistance Program. Must be completed by July 9, 2012.
3. Water Credit Forms – Users of the City’s sanitary sewer system who were affected by the flood will receive a $207 credit, while residential property owners who are not connected to the sanitary sewer system (and were affected by the flood) will receive a credit of $118. A copy the Water Bill will be required.
“With the release of claim forms and as recovery proceeds, we are moving from Emergency Management to Disaster Relief,” said John Hannam, City Clerk. “The Disaster Relief Committee looks forward to engaging the community in fund-raising to support those affected by the flooding.”
The Public Meetings will be held tomorrow as follows:
- Slovak Legion, 801 Atlantic Avenue, 1 to 2:30 pm
- Moose Hall, 434 Fort William Road, 4 to 5:30 pm
Forms will also be available on Monday, June 25 at City Hall and on the City’s website. To download copies of the forms, and for more information relating to the flood visit: www.thunderbay.ca/flood.