THUNDER BAY – The Northwestern Ontario Bio-Economy Corporation (NOBEC) is a non-profit organization with regional representation that facilitates research and fosters viable business opportunities focusing on the bio-economy to enhance, grow and sustain Northern Ontario communities and future generations. Our vision is to be the catalyst in creating sustainable and diverse business opportunities resulting in economic growth and vibrant communities.
On behalf of NOBEC, you are invited to attend our conference in Thunder Bay on March 26th 2011 at the Victoria Inn. The topic of discussion will be ‘A Grassroots Approach’, focusing on entrepreneurs from Northern Ontario who have adopted a unique ‘grassroots’ approach to doing business by cultivating their business endeavours around natural products and processes, and the current and future federal and provincial programs in effect to assist these entrepreneurs and encourage others to develop their own innovative ideas.
Confirmed Guest Speakers include:
- The Honourable Michael Gravelle, Minister of Northern Development Mines and Forestry
- Bruce Hyer, NDP Member of Parliament, Thunder Bay – Superior North Region
- Trevor Laing, Entrepreneur, Owner of Level Plains in Wawa
- Ed Fukushima/Larry Levchak, Entrepreneurs, Owners of Atikokan Renewable Fuels
- Dr. David Robinson, Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics at Laurentian University
- Robert Laporte, President and CEO of NEUTOPIA ecoSOLUTIONS
- Dr. Chander Shahi, Associate Professor, Faculty of Natural Resources Management at Lakehead University
- Mark Bell and Sheldon Atlookan from Aroland First Nation, Aroland Blueberry Initiative
- KimJo Bliss, Research Technician, Emo Agricultural Research Station
- Al Cresswell, Morning Host and News Director of CFNO FM broadcasting (Master of Ceremonies)
Register today to join us and hear what these enthralling speakers have to say. Have your say too, during our Q & A sessions! Take advantage of this unique networking opportunity to meet with our guest speakers and other attendees from various private and public sector organizations dedicated to the economic development of Northern Ontario!
General NOBEC Members: $80
Student NOBEC Members: $35
Visit the ‘Registration’ page on the NOBEC website for registration information!