THUNDER BAY – Thunder Bay Transit will be extending service to start at 6 am on Sunday, September 19 for the Thunder Bay Marathon. This will ease downtown congestion, assist the many visitors to our City, and contribute to the ongoing effort to reduce our City’s carbon footprint. Transit encourages all visitors, residents, and athletes to take public transportation that day.
To take Transit one way to the event, the fare is $2.50 (exact change). Alternatively, a family can purchase a Day Pass for $6.00, which entitles 1 Adult with a maximum of 4 children (18 and younger) or 2 Adults with a maximum of 3 children (18 and younger), unlimited access to Transit all day. These passes can be purchased at:
· 31@ Junot Centre – Junot Avenue South.
· Arella’s Quality Dollar Store – Bay St.
· Cathy’s Discount Centre – Red River Rd.
· City Hall Cashier’s – Donald St.
· Thunder Bay Transit Office – Fort William Rd.
· Winner’s Circle – Victoriaville Mall
· Zaba’s – S. Cumberland St.
Due to road closures for the Marathon, Transit’s regular routes have been heavily affected. Please see www.thunderbay.ca/transit for all route changes.