DRYDEN – NEWS – On Friday January 22, 2021 at approximately 1:56 pm members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Dryden detachment, conducted a traffic stop on a Commercial Motor Vehicle for a Highway Traffic Act violation on Grand Trunk Avenue in Dryden.
Further investigation led the officers to locating a significant amount of Canadian currency from the Commercial Motor Vehicle.
Two individuals were arrested and charged in relation to this investigation.
Micheal SIGURDON, 51 years old of St. Adolphe, Manitoba and Brooklyn GATLIN, 22 years old of Winnipeg, Manitoba have been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Cocaine – Controlled Drugs and Substance Act 4(1)
- Possession of a Schedule IV Substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Controlled Drugs and Substance Act 5(2)
- Laundering Proceeds of Crime – did use – commission in Canada – Criminal Code 462.31(1)(a)
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 – in Canada – Criminal Code 354(1)(a)
- Trafficking in Property Obtained by Crime – Criminal Code 354(1)(a)
Both individuals have been held in custody and are scheduled to appear in Dryden Bail Court on January 27, 2021.
None of the charges have been proven in court. All accused are considered innocent until proven guilty.