Sault Ste. Marie Weather: Foggy Morning with Cloudy Conditions

4609
Railways cars and fog in Thunder Bay

Current Weather

Observed at: Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Date: 6:38 AM EDT, Tuesday, July 9, 2024
Condition: Fog
Pressure: 101.2 kPa (Falling)
Temperature: 16.7°C
Dew point: 16.7°C
Humidity: 100%
Wind: SW at 6 km/h
Visibility: 0.6 km

Sault Ste. Marie is experiencing a foggy start to the day with a temperature of 17°C. The fog is expected to dissipate as the morning progresses.

Forecast Overview

Today

The day will be mainly cloudy with a 30% chance of showers or drizzle early this morning. Fog patches will dissipate this morning, leading to a high of 23°C with a humidex of 28. The UV index is high at 7.

Tonight

Partly cloudy with fog patches developing after midnight. Winds will shift to northwest at 20 km/h after midnight. The low will be 14°C.

Wednesday, July 10

Cloudy conditions will start the day, becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the morning. Fog patches will dissipate in the morning, with northwest winds at 20 km/h. The high will be 25°C with a humidex of 27. The UV index will be very high at 8. Cloudy periods with a 30% chance of showers at night, and a low of 14°C.

Thursday, July 11

Cloudy with a 60% chance of showers and a high of 25°C. Cloudy periods will continue into the night with a 40% chance of showers and a low of 12°C.

Friday, July 12

A mix of sun and cloud with a 30% chance of showers and a high of 26°C. Cloudy periods at night with a low of 16°C.

Wardrobe Suggestions

Given the varying weather conditions, dressing in layers is recommended. Light clothing will be suitable during the day, especially with higher temperatures expected mid-week. A jacket may be needed for the cooler mornings and evenings. An umbrella or raincoat is advisable for the potential showers today and later in the week.

Historical Weather

On this date, Sault Ste. Marie’s highest recorded temperature was 32.0°C, and the lowest was 6.0°C. Today’s temperatures fall within the typical range for this time of year.

Weather Trivia

Did you know that Sault Ste. Marie, located on the shores of Lake Superior, experiences a unique microclimate influenced by the lake? This can result in cooler summers and milder winters compared to other inland areas of Ontario.

Previous articleGreater Sudbury Weather: Misty Morning with Showers and Thunderstorms Possible
Next articleWeather Forecast for Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug, Bearskin Lake, Sachigo Lake, Kasabonika, and Sandy Lake